Sunday, March 19, 2017

Tasting - Vinedos Real Rubio Rioja Crianza










Name: Vinedos Real Rubio Rioja Crianza
Variety: Tempranillo, Graciano
Region: Rioja
Country: Spain
Year: 2010
Price: $16.00











Shop Review: Lightly baked berry aromas vie for attention with leather, spice and mild earth notes, and the result is disjointed. On the palate, this is tight as a drum initially, but more expansive as it unfolds. Cherry, plum, raspberry, vanilla and woodspice flavors finish pure, clean and easy. This is a fine yet manageable Rioja that’s not trying too hard. Drink through 2016.

My Review: The aromas of this wine did not seem pleasant to me. Smelled like sweat. Medium body, pretty dry. Not great to me. I have not had many wines from Spain, but I have yet to taste a really fantastic Spanish wine.

Tasted without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment