Sunday, March 26, 2017

Tasting - Alvarez de Toledo Mencia Roble









Name: Alvarez de Toledo
Variety: Mencia Roble
Region: Bierzo
Country: Spain
Year: 2009
Price: $14.00










Shop Review: “The 2009 Alvarez de Toledo was bottled just a week before the wine was presented but seems to be showing no symptoms of distress. Balsamic, leather, and black fruits are the principal notes struck by this suave effort that over-delivers in a big way. Like its older sibling, it can be enjoyed now but will have more to say in 2-3 years.”

My Review: This wine immediately smelled like a barn. Earthy flavors for the few flavors I could taste. Dry with a lot of Tannins. Medium body. Not terrible. I still have not found an amazing wine from Spain, but this one I enjoyed more than others I have had.

Tasted without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment