Thursday, January 26, 2017

Tasting - Pieter Cruythoff Chenin Blanc








Name: Pieter Cruythoff
Variety: Chenin Blanc
Region: Swartland
Country: South Africa
Year: 2015
Price: $9.00











Shop ReviewA wonderful nose of bananas, oranges and melons jumps from the glass of this 100% Chenin Blanc, which is finished with a screw cap. Another great value from South Africa, this wine is medium-bodied, fresh, lively, and a terrific dry white to drink over the next year.

My Review: I never thought I would find a white wine I truly enjoyed, but this may have been the best wine I tasted that day. Very sweet and not too dry. I imagine this would be fantastic to drink chilled on a hot summer day. Citrus flavors present as mentioned above. Wonderful!

Tasted without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment